WHO WE ARE
The Carthage United Methodist Church was organized in 1808, and while the church has met at several locations over the years, the present church sanctuary was completed in 1889, with various additions over the years.
Four of the stained glass windows date back to the 19th century with the oldest being installed in 1889 by Joseph Allen as a memorial to his mother. The next oldest was donated by John A. Fite in 1893. The building was put on the National Register of Historical Places in 1985 for its architectural significance.
Photo Credit: Jonathan Stallings